EOF has joined together with the Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees (GCIR) and other partner affinity group partners to co-sponsor GCIR‘s monthly immigration policy calls. Held on the third Thursday of most months, these calls provide the latest updates on timely policy issues affecting immigrants and refugees-and explore issues that are particularly relevant or pressing for philanthropy.
Calls are open to GCIR members, other grantmaking institutions, philanthropic advisors, and members and staff of funder affinity groups and regional associations of grantmakers. (Participation is limited to organizations that share GCIR‘s core values.)
April – Through the Eyes of Children
- November: Immigration Policy after the Midterms: What Can Funders Expect?
- October: What Funders Need to Know About “Public Charge:” An Analysis of the Published Rule and How Funders Can Take Action
- September: Taking Stock and Gearing Up: Immigration Policy and the Role of Philanthropy in Building Stronger Communities
- August: What’s Next for the Families Separated by U.S. Policy—and How Are Those Policies Evolving?
- July: What Funders Need to Know About Immigration Detention: A Primer on the U.S. System
- June: Report in Focus: Revving Up the Deportation Machinery: Enforcement and Pushback under Trump
- May: Family Separation Policies and Access to Justice in Detention Systems
- April: A Guide to the New ‘Public Charge’ Rules: What is Public Charge and How Can Organizations and Funders Respond to Support Family and Child Well-Being
- March: Federal Immigration Policy Comes to Main Street: How Local Governments Are Responding to a New Era
- January: What Will The New Year Bring?
- November: Temporary Protected Status: What Is at Stake for 320,000 Residents and their Families?
- October: Fall Immigration Policy Changes: A Review for Funders
- September: Dreams in Limbo: A Look at the Future of DACA, Young Immigrants, and How Funders Can Respond
- July: Federal Policy Update and Q&A
- June: Trauma and Resilience: Supporting Immigrant Children, their Families, and Our Communities through Collaboration
- May: Recent Policy Developments and Their Impact
- April: What is at Stake in the Global Refugee Crisis?
- March: What Does the Future Hold for Immigrant Workers and their Families?
- February: Perspectives on Sanctuary Policies
- January: What to Expect in the First 100 Days