- This event has passed.
FCCP 2018 Election Series Discussion: The 2018 Elections and Nonpartisan Grantmaking
October 2, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
Join us and our affinity group partners for a discussion around the political and funding landscape which funders can expect to see in the 2018 Elections. We will have an opportunity to hear from key leaders around their thinking on the demographic, voting, and funding trends that will shape our work in 2018 as well as ideas on how funders can best structure their investments to maximize their impact in an election-year. As part of this discussion, you will receive:
- A mapping overview of the 2018 Elections highlighting key races which may impact spending in different states.
- Insights into who turns out for Midterm Elections historically and demographic data relevant to understanding the make-up of the voting age population in 2018.
- Perspectives on election-year best practices for Philanthropy to consider when identifying grantmaking strategies which will be supportive of grantees being successful in 2018 and in building power + capacity for the long-term.
- Information on what the funding landscape may look like in 2018 and how that may impact your own strategies.
Moderated by Daaiyah Bilal-Threats, National Education Association
- Anne Johnson, Grassroots Solutions
- Tram Nguyen, Virginia New Majority
- Brandon Davis, GPS Impact