Historic improvements have been made to the Child Tax Credit (CTC) and Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) with the passage of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). If we are successful in getting these credits into the hands of the lowest-income families, we can reduce child poverty by almost half. Philanthropy has an important role to play to ensure that the hardest to reach families can access the benefits and continue to explore improvements and modernizations to these fundamental government programs.
- This event has passed.
2021 Fall Funder Learning Series: Tax Credits: The Anti-poverty Tool of the 21st Century
September 22 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EDT
The first program of the EOF 2021 Fall Funder Learning Series, this webinar explored how we arrived at this once in a generation moment, whether these improvements are sufficient, and how this fits into the broader movement for building a just and inclusive economy.
- Hear Us: Make Progress Permanent Through the Child Tax Credit, By Katrian Gamble & Jeremie Greer, Next City, September 16, 2021.
- House Bill Takes Major Steps Forward for Children, Low-Paid Workers, By Kris Cox and Chuck Marr, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, September 11, 2021.
- Report: Measuring the Child Tax Credit’s Economic and Community Impact, By Samuel Hammond, Robert Orr, Niskanen Center, August 2, 2021.
- Guaranteed Income Policy Brief, By Jeremie Greer and Emanuel Nieves, Liberation in a Generation, June 2021.
- Impact of the EITC and CTC and Strategies for Funders, EITC Funders Network, June 2, 2021.
- Administering a Child Benefit Through the Tax Code: Lessons for the IRS from Abroad, By Samuel Hammond, David Koggan, Niskanen Center, May 27, 2021.
We welcome your participation in all three programs of the EOF Fall Funder Learning Series: Building Systems of Economic Support for an Equitable Recovery, where we will explore the critical role of income supports – tax credits, cash supports and unemployment insurance – in building a stronger, more equitable recovery and how funders can show up to meet this moment.