- This event has passed.
Cosponsored Webinar: Safe and Just Return to Work
July 29, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm EDTFree
LEARN MORE AND REGISTER
Occupational health and safety for workers cuts across issues of racial, gender, climate, and economic justice, and have real implications for public health and the state of our economy and democracy. We can see the impact of deteriorated health and safety standards on public services, health care, in the food supply chain, education, childcare, voting, retail, hospitality and tourism, and for small businesses. It is increasingly critical that funders understand how these issues intersect, the long history of organizing and policy advocacy related to worker health and safety, and how they can support movements considering the opportunities now to shift policy and build worker power and voice.
Join NFG’s Funders for a Just Economy to learn from workers, advocates, and government officials about how to create a safe and just return for all workers.
- An impacted individual working in the meatpacking industry, Western North Carolina Worker Center
- Jessica Martinez, Co-Executive Director, National Council for Occupational Safety & Health
- David Michaels, former head of OSHA under the Obama administration
- Al Vega, Director of Policy and Programs, Massachusetts Coalition for Occupational Safety and Health
- Marissa Guananja, Program Officer, W. K. Kellogg Foundation