EOF Fall Meeting: Equity and the Future of Work, Workers, and Social Supports
November 5 @ 11:00 am - November 6 @ 2:30 pm ESTFree
The nature of work is changing, with work becoming more precarious and less predictable. New and emerging technologies—including artificial intelligence, automation, and big data—are playing a key role in shaping blue collar, white collar, agricultural, and service sector jobs. And while non-standard low-wage jobs grow, middle-wage job growth stalls. These changes are not impacting people equally, with women, people of color, migrants and people with disabilities affected disproportionately.
Join this two-day meeting for funders to explore the role of equity in the transformation of work, workers and social supports. How do we ensure that inequities are disrupted and not reinforced and create a more vibrant and just economy? Sessions will explore:
- Key worker and workplace issues and trends;
- The different impacts of these trends on people depending on race, gender, immigration status, geography and ability and how impacted constituencies are leading efforts to build a more just future of work;
- Connections to current debates and movements on immigration, caregiving and criminal justice;
- Insights on critical opportunities and challenges as we head into the 2020 elections and what we should be paying attention to now;
- How our cross-sector partners are thinking about this work; and
- Time to engage in dialogue with funder colleagues and consider opportunities for individual and collective action.