- This event has passed.
Digital Security in an Age of Hacking & Cyberthreats: What Grantmakers Should Know
June 8, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm EDT
Non-profit organizations are increasingly grappling with the threat of cyberattacks– and turning to their funders for support. For most grantmakers, however, cybersecurity is not an area of expertise. Reflecting the universality of the cybersecurity threat, nine donor affinity groups offer this webinar will explore how funders can support grantees in addressing and responding to digital security concerns. This will include:
- A debrief: Digital Security & Grantscraft Guide: An introductory guide for funders.
- Lessons learned and strategies pursued by a donor that has recently invested in digital security as an area of concern for his/her grantees.
- Discussion of the strategies and infrastructure already built and in use, particularly as related to grantmaking focused on the Global South, for rapid response/ emergency cybersecurity-related grantmaking.
- Michael Brennan, Technology Program Officer, Ford Foundation
- Meerim Ilyas, Senior Program Officer, Urgent Action Fund for Women