- This event has passed.
2018 Post-Election Briefing: Philanthropy at the Crossroads
November 27, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm ESTFree
This November, the whole House of Representatives, a third of the Senate, 36 governorships, and many state legislature seats were up for election. The results of this year’s midterm elections will have an enormous impact in shaping the political landscape for years to come. Assessing the new policy and funding environment will be critical as we build compelling and successful agendas for advancing our work to support struggling families, workers and communities. This free, post-election briefing for funders included interactive sessions on:
- The 2018 American electorate (who voted and why);
- How the election outcomes will impact opportunities and challenges facing families, workers and communities across the nation; and
- What the results mean for our work and emerging opportunities for alignment and collective action.
Presentations and Resources
- Presentation by Matt Morrison, Working America
- Working America Report: Health Care Wins Votes, Bridges Divides
- Working America Report (2017-18): Changing Minds, Bridging Divides,Winning Elections
- What did the midterms reveal? A divided America, by Henry Olsen, The Guardian, November 12, 2018
- Presentation by Jonathan Voss, Lake Research Partners
- Demos Race-Class Narrative Project
- Race-Class Narrative Project National Dial Survey Report
- Race-Class Narrative Project Handout
- Wael Alzayat, Emgage Action Video – Vote Yes! Vote YES! on Amendment 4 on November 6th!