- This event has passed.
FCCP 2018 Election Series Discussion: Turnout in the 2017 Elections + Lessons for 2018
December 4, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EST
In November, elections around the country provided us with some of our first insights into how voters are responding after a year of political polarization and deep divisions. Join us for this December First Monday + Election Series Discussion for a debrief on the 2017 elections and and what we can learn from the results to help inform our work as we look towards 2018. In this conversation, we will:
- Hear perspectives and see initial data on who turned out for the 2017 elections
- Learn which issues were salient to voters in the 2017 elections and how those have shifted since 2016.
- Review coordinating efforts by both funders and organizations that led to strong infrastructure and partnerships, and how to continue to invest in deep coordination at the state level through 2018.
- Discuss the surge in non-traditional demographics running for office and what that means for work moving forward.
- Learn what lessons were learned from 2017 which can help inform work moving into the 2018 elections.
Moderated by Geri Mannion, Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Adrianne Shropshire, BlackPAC
- Matt Barreto, Latino Decisions
- Kelly Beadle, Virginia Plus