- This event has passed.
FCCP 2018 Election Series Discussion: 5 Legal Rules Every Foundation Should Know for the 2018 Elections
January 8, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EST
Whether a seasoned advocate or at a foundation determined to step into the civic engagement realm for the first time, start the new year with a refresher on the breadth of activities foundations can legally engage in and fund while remaining nonpartisan leading up to the 2018 election. Foundations have a great deal of flexibility in election-year grantmaking but it is important to know what is legal, effective and doable within your institution. Let’s be sure we are using all of the tools in our toolbox to be what the field needs and as impactful as possible.
Funders will learn about:
- What the term “nonpartisan” really means
- The broad range of advocacy private foundations and public foundations can engage in and fund their grantees to do
- Steps to ensure any individual partisan political activity isn’t attributed to your nonpartisan organization
- Best practices for foundations funding grantees to engage in advocacy during an election-year
Moderated by Kristen Harris-Talley, Progress Alliance of Washington
- Jann Jackson, Senior Associate of Policy Reform and Advocacy, The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Shyaam Subramanian, Alliance for Justice