With the rapid escalation of COVID-19 and its many impacts, EOF is working to support a coordinated response among funders that keeps equity at the forefront with an emphasis on strengthening the public sector and building an economy that works for all.
See below a curated list of rapidly developing resources and updates related to the COVID-19 outbreak emergency response, recovery, and intersection with the racial justice uprising, with a focus on equity, budget and tax policy and the future of work. A list of emergency relief funds, related resources from PSO partners and funder guidance is also provided.
EOF Member Survey
- Webinar: Moving Beyond Gratitude: Opportunities to Improve Essential Work, December 15, 2:00-3:15 p.m. ET.
- Grantmakers unite in best practices: Nearly 800 grantmakers pledge to loosen both purse strings and red tape, Adapt, December 4, 2020.
- The Rockefeller Foundation shares insights and highlights initiatives on Powering a Green and Equitable Recovery., December 3, 2020.
- Urban Institute report finds Black, Native American, and Hispanic/Latinx workers are more likely than white workers to have jobs that place them at greater risk of exposure to and transmission of the coronavirus, December 2, 2020.
- First Focus report on Key Stats on the Effect of COVID-19 on Kids, November 19, 2020.
- The Kresge Foundation announced new $30 million commitment to support more than 50 racial justice and community-led engagement and organizing efforts across the country, November 19, 2020.
- The Levi Strauss Foundation calls for corporate foundations to invest and strengthen people of color and shares benefits and lessons in The Chronicle of Philanthropy, November 17, 2020.
- Maria Torres-Springer, Vice President of U.S. Programs at the Ford Foundation, speaks about the Ford Foundation’s increase in funding for U.S. racial justice and civil rights groups.in the Barrons Live podcast, November 6, 2020.
- Urban Institute report shares lesson on the impact of state preemption of local paid sick days ordinances, October 29, 2020
Click on the tabs below to see a running list of related resources.