The EITC Pooled Fund has made five campaign awards to state organizations working to help build public support for state EITCs, CTCs, and other tax credits in 2024.
- Colorado Fiscal Institute was awarded $100,000 to make permanent the recent EITC expansion to 50 percent, protect expansions made during the 2023 session to the state CTC , and cement tax credit outreach into the state budget.
- Minnesota Budget Project was awarded $100,000 to implement a family-centered process to receive advanced periodic payments of Minnesota’s new Child Tax Credit (CTC), and educate and support lower-income, immigrant, and BIPOC Minnesotans and their families to file for new and expanded state tax credits.
- Oregon Center for Public Policy was awarded $100,000 in 2024 to ensure effective implementation of the new Oregon Kids’ Tax Credit (OKTC), renew the Oregon Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), and build support for a transformation of Oregon’s tax filing system.
- Pennsylvania Policy Center was awarded $100,000 in 2024 to continue efforts to build public support for a state EITC.
- Washington State Budget & Policy Center was awarded $100,000 in 2024 to build on the successful launch of the state Working Families Tax Credit (WFTC) and ensure that all eligible households get access by supporting automatic eligibility for households accessing other public benefits such as TANF.