Nearest Metro Station:
The Rosslyn Metro Station is a 3-4 minute walk to 1201 Wilson Blvd.
Nearest Parking Garages:
1800 N. Lynn Street, Arlington, VA 22209. Guests can also visit this link: (https://www.asgpark.com/parking-locator/) to check real time availability for the lots located in the 22209 zip code.
We will meet on the 29th floor in The Colonial Hub room.
Registration will open at 9:00 AM.
All participants must check in at the desk to the left side of the lobby. A Convene team member will be at the desk to distribute security passes and assist participants up to the 29th floor. Guests arriving after 9:30 AM can still report to the desk and a Convene team member will be called to escort them up.
Please be sure to check in at the registration desk just outside the elevators on the 29th floor to pick up your name badge and meeting folder.
The dress code for this meeting is business casual.
All cancellations will be subject to a $25 administrative fee.
All cancellations must be submitted in writing on or before March 30, 2023. No requests for refunds will be granted after this date or for no shows.
Participants can avoid the $25 cancellation fee by transferring their registration to a colleague or peer before April 10, 2023. Requests for cancellations and substitutions must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All refunds will be issued after the event.
April 20, 2023
|9:00 – 9:30 AM||Breakfast and Registration|
|9:30 – 10:00 AM||Welcome and Introductions|
|10:00 – 10:20 AM||Table Discussions|
|10:20 -10:30 AM||Transition Break|
|10:30 – 11:30 AM||Making the Case for Government and Taxes|
|11:30 – 11:45 AM||2023 Law & Social Policy Legacy Award Winner Celebration|
|11:45 – 12:45 PM||Lunch|
|12:45 – 1:30 PM||Federal Budget and Tax Outlook|
|1:30 – 1:45 PM||Transition Break|
|1:45 – 2:45 PM||State Budget and Tax Outlook|
|2:45 – 3:00 PM||Reflections and Lingering Questions|
|3:00 – 3:30 PM||Break|
|3:30 – 4:30 PM||Working Together to Shape Upcoming Budget and Tax Debates|
|4:30 – 5:30 PM||Reception|
- Tax Container Initiative Overview, April 2023.
- Tax Reform in Washington State: From Cultural Third Rail to Common Sense, A Think Big Case Study, Topos, April 2023.
- President Biden’s Budget Charts a Needed Course Correction as 2025 Tax Debate Begins, By Chuck Marr and Samantha Jacoby, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, March 29, 2023.
- Talking Points: Raising Revenues: Why Taxes Matter for Care Advocates, National Women’s Law Center, March 22, 2023.
- Talking Points: Prioritizing Women and Families Over Deficits: It’s Time to Reject Austerity, National Women’s Law Center, March 14, 2023.
- President Biden’s 2024 Budget Moves Us Toward Nation Where Everyone Can Thrive, By Sharon Parrott, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, March 9, 2023.
- Tax the Patriarchy Tax Calculator, National Women’s Law Center, Updated March 2023.
- Acting on Our Values is a Good Economics: A Narrative Paradigm Shift to a People-First Economy, Topos, March 2023.
- State Lawmakers Should Break the 2023 Tax Cut Fever Before It’s Too Late, By Aidan Davis and Miles Trinidad, Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, January 18, 2023.
- New Mexico Taps Land Grant Permanent Fund for Early Care and Education, By Nicole Hsu, New America, Jan. 6, 2023.
- Massachusetts Fair Share Amendment Campaign Website.
- Fund Our Future 8-State Campaign: Fund Our Future is an eight state cohort of legislators and advocates who are working together, across states, to build a national movement for tax justice.
- Digital Toolkit, Fund Our Future, Last updated October 14, 2022.